[talk-au] Shared Zones

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:38:56 UTC 2018

I don't see any reason to update the Australian tagging guidelines.
There are no Australia specific arguments being made, or even
Australian contributors to the discussion (apart from you).

If that's the way that OSM moves, then let the general wiki get
updated accordingly.  Don't see any need to single out Australia.

Personally, we see shared-zones used in Australia for lots of purposes
other than shared spaces.  For example, de-facto pedestrian crossings
out the front of stations.   I think we should leave people surveying
to tag them as they see them, and the maxspeed and access tags may
sometimes be more appropriate if it's a crossing space.

Ian.