[talk-au] Shared Zones

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:12:49 UTC 2018

> I don't see any reason to update the Australian tagging guidelines.
There are no Australia specific arguments being made, or even
Australian contributors to the discussion (apart from you).
> If that's the way that OSM moves, then let the general wiki get
updated accordingly.  Don't see any need to single out Australia.

Oh I thought the Australian Tagging Guidelines were a document an
Australian could read and learn about all the tags for local features in
the local context and terminology. eg. Here's how to tag a school zone.

> Personally, we see shared-zones used in Australia for lots of purposes
other than shared spaces.  For example, de-facto pedestrian crossings
out the front of stations.   I think we should leave people surveying
to tag them as they see them, and the maxspeed and access tags may
sometimes be more appropriate if it's a crossing space.

Okay so I guess we still need to use some local judgement?