[talk-au] Mapping houses and addresses in Sydney

Dion Moult dion at thinkmoult.com
Sun Jun 3 11:48:22 UTC 2018

G'day all,

I've started using OSM more and more and I find it frustrating that many house addresses are not available in OSM. I would like to help by tracing many houses using ESRI as a base map (feel free to audit my history on OSM under the name "Moult").  I would also like to add address information (addr:housenumber and addr:street) to these ways however I don't think that we are meant to be copying from Google maps. Is there another map source that has addresses that we can use? Perhaps some form of government cadastre map? Is that allowed?

​Dion Moult​