[talk-au] I made my own administrative boarder for the City of Ipswich

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:32:02 UTC 2018

On 04/06/18 16:16, Joel H. wrote:
> Just letting the mailing list know that I decided to make my own
> administrative boarder for the City of Ipswich.
>
> You can see it here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/8348274
>
> Sadly towards the south and west of Ipswich it was hard to work out
> where the boarder truly is. If anyone has better local knowledge please
> correct the way accuracy.

I would add the tag source= ... say something like 'personal knowledge, better local knowledge appreciated'.

That way if anyone comes across it they can decide for themselves if they wan to alter it.

By the way .. it is better to alter something to what you want rather than deleting the old and making a new,
that way people can track the history of the object backwards more easily .. and see what changes have been made.