[talk-au] Mapping houses and addresses in Sydney

Dion Moult dion at thinkmoult.com
Tue Jun 5 22:51:53 UTC 2018

Thanks Andrew et all,

Yes, I have used the ESRI imagery layer. Thanks for the heads up of the LPI base map. Before I go too far, can one of you please look at the work I've done so far if I'm doing things correctly? Here is a small sample in the suburb of Epping that I have traced houses and added addresses:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-33.78071/151.06628

In that scenario I did not trace off the LPI imagery, but instead traced off ESRI. I noticed if I enable the LPI imagery, the houses don't line up. Should this be fixed? If so, what's the best way?

I have added both addr:housenumber and addr:street. Points which I am unsure about how I have tagged and would like comments are the addr:housenumber=18;2/18, the usage of service=driveway to link to the entrance=house, and the multiple buildings which have addr:housenumber=28-30.

Any other QA comments would also be much appreciated so I can improve.

In addition, a few months ago I also traced all of the houses which you can see here, and added tags for building=house and levels where appropriate:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/-33.8627/151.0840

If there are any QA comments I would love to hear them!

​Dion Moult​