[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Mar 12 10:13:36 UTC 2018

Please folks, don't try to a) make this more complicated than it already
is, b) try to undo stuff that is long done.

I would consider the wording change on the contributors page to be not a
good idea (or even factual), and would suggest that  it be changed from

"The explicit permission granted by the data.gov.au team (operated by
the Digital Transformation Agency) is no longer viewed as valid as there
is no evidence they had permission to grant us these rights at that
point in time.  Permission to use the following datasets in the future
must be obtained directly from the copyright owner"

"The explicit permission granted by the data.gov.au team (operated by
the Digital Transformation Agency) is not valid for current CC BY-4.0
licensed datasets for which permissions need to be obtained directly
from the respective rights owners."

Making clear that we don't the validity of the permission granted for
the CC BY 2.5 datasets, but don't extend it to covering the current ones
and avoid speculating on internal government arrangements way back.

Simon