[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:28:40 UTC 2018

On 12/03/18 22:57, Simon Poole wrote:

> - has the DNRM explicitly made a statement on the validity of the
> explicit permission from data.gov.au back then?

All you need is a basic understanding of the Australian system of
government. A federal bureaucrat does not have the authority to make
decisions about the licensing of a State owned dataset. But to confirm
someone could contact DNRM and ask the question.

 >  At the time the issue was rather hotly debated

That's putting it politely. There is a rather toxic stratum of
correspondence on talk-au around the period of the license change.

As I said earlier this is a can of worm and I have been deliberately
leaving the Contributors page alone and just keeping an eye on what
people are importing into OSM.