[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:49:30 UTC 2018

On 13/3/18 10:32, Simon Poole wrote:
> you are assuming that
> data.gov.au received the data from the states on the same terms as
> everybody else, that really doesn't have to be so.

What makes you think I'm assuming anything? To publish data on
data.gov.au an organization has to register
(https://toolkit.data.gov.au/index.php?title=Starting_on_datagovau#Getting_an_Account)
and provide the following waiver:

"On behalf of the <entity name>, I request a data publishing account on
data.gov.au. <entity name> will be responsible for the management of
this account and the data that is published using it. <entity name> will
notify the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) to any
changes in ownership of the account and of any issues if they arise. The
responsibility of publishing data appropriately, in accordance with
privacy, security and other relevant considerations rests entirely with
the data publisher and DPMC take no responsibility."

Not sure what part of that you think transfers any rights from the
holder to DPMC.