[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 14 13:07:47 UTC 2018

Am 14.03.2018 um 13:06 schrieb Jonathon Rossi:

> Could you please point me to a good resource that explains why CC BY
> 2.5 and 3.0 don't have the same problem with "technical protection
> measures" that we've got in the waivers because I'm obviously missing
> something. I've read the license texts
> and https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/License_Versions#Application_of_effective_technological_measures_by_users_of_CC-licensed_works_prohibited.

There is no doubt that we have a moral and ethical obligation to keep CC
BY 2.X licensed data available free of restrictions, as the licensors
intended. The ODbL guarantees this via the parallel distribution
mechanism. But naturally it would be preferable if we could get complete
waivers for the CC BY 2.X datasets, sorry if I came across as implying
otherwise .

Simon