[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:50:19 UTC 2018

On 13 March 2018 at 19:47, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> * a small note on the side, when discussing ODbL and CC BY 4.0
> compatibility with Creative Commons, representatives of the organisation
> voiced the opinion that most of the rewrite was just clarification of
> terms that the previous versions contained, in particular that the
> attribution requirement had always allowed indirect attribution if it
> was the appropriate choice.

OK, a stupid, well & truly outside the box, thought here! :-)

If we have discussions with CC, is there any possibility of getting them to
write into CC BY 4.5 & following editions, that "by the Organisation
agreeing to the terms of CC BY xx, that they also agree to ODbl" or
something to that effect?

Graeme