[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 14 22:46:13 UTC 2018

Am 14.03.2018 um 22:50 schrieb Graeme Fitzpatrick:

> OK, a stupid, well & truly outside the box, thought here! :-)
>
> If we have discussions with CC, is there any possibility of getting
> them to write into CC BY 4.5 & following editions, that "by the
> Organisation agreeing to the terms of CC BY xx, that they also agree
> to ODbl" or something to that effect?

Hahaha :-)

Well CC BY 4.0 might have actually been that if they (all IMHO now)
hadn't given in to the group that didn't want to agree to parallel
distribution being an allowed method to guarantee that the underlying
data remains open (I spent a fair amount of time two years back reading
all the publicly available discussion leading up to 4.0, and a frequent
statement  in the context was that "everybody ignores it anyway" (it ==
the DRM prohibition)).

We would still have the attribution problem, but that is, as this
discussion shows, in general not an issue.

Simon