[talk-au] Open Mapping team at Microsoft Australian edits

osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sat May 5 03:10:05 UTC 2018

This user, which on his user page says "I am proud to be in Microsoft Open Maps team." Has been making a lot of "Fixed geometry" changesets.

Now, the motorway he worked on did indeed in part need fixing, as it was in places 10-30m out of position.

But the particular stretch in that changeset I just fixed up myself a few days earlier, using imagery with corrected offsets, and taking into account tagged lane information (because of the placement tag, the "way" that defines the motorway is not always in the absolute centre of all lanes).

I made a changeset comment to which I didn't get a reply, so I send a direct message to the user on 29th April to which I also didn't get a replay.

Cheers,
Thorsten