[talk-au] Open Mapping team at Microsoft Australian edits

Nemanja Bračko brackone at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:37:58 UTC 2018

​Hi again,

I was interested what happened here, and I got deeply involved in this case.
As I said before, we are seriously taking GPS traces in account.

If you look following picture (http://i64.tinypic.com/30t5jq9.png), it
clearly indicates that most of the traffic is in the right area (where is
red line), and it can indicate that imagery is offsetting. It can also
indicate that this particular lane is used most of the time. So in both
cases you have to make proper estimation.

The second thing is that this area is completely reconstructed (even that
ground-level road which can be proved in Aerial view and GPS traces as
well) and it is impossible to know with 100% accuracy which trace is taken
before and which one is after the reconstruction.

Personally, I think both edits are good. Especially because offset is
marginal, one lane wide. DareDJ aligned road to GPS traces, you aligned to
the imagery.

Also, these road links has no traces after reconstruction, so it is really
hard to know how much imagery offsets.
http://i68.tinypic.com/25g1f.png

As I said before, I will fully take care about this case in Microsoft team.
Please note that we are here at your disposal and we are trying to expand
coverage and fix as much as possible issues.

Thank you once again for your time,
Nemanja