[talk-au] poor business listing edits

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Thu May 10 01:34:27 UTC 2018

Hi

I have attempted to define SEO spam at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Spam#SEO_Spam

It would be good to have guidelines on what to do with SEO spam, I am
often unsure when to revert. My thoughts are that it can be
immediately reverted if it looks like SEO spam and it either:
a)breaks existing features
b)is impossibly located, post office, school, park etc.
or
c)is not matched by contact details on their website

Case (c) is the more controversial, most of these SEO spam entries are
for home based businesses with no verifiable office or shop. In
accepting these listings its reasonable to expect a physical location
which is supported by the addr:housenumber and addr:street and the
contact details on their website. (If they don't want to publicise the
location of their business on their website there is very unlikely to
be anything verifiable on the ground).

With regards to the description tag, it should be reduced to
objectively verifiable facts (eg Australia's best loved professionally
baked bread and cakes -> bread and cakes)

Tony