[talk-au] Correcting inland water features

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Tue May 15 22:51:42 UTC 2018

Andrew,
   Welcome. As Warin mentioned, the vast majority of waterways are
intermittent outside the great dividing range and coastal areas and a map,
source and accuracy unknow is available as an example

https://amp.reddit.com/r/AussieMaps/comments/7sr4nz/where_the_water_flows_permanently_in_australia/?__twitter_impression=true

It would be interesting to see some small test areas and how you declare a
stream. Does it only run with extreme downpours or is it a collector.

There are also a number of areas I think in SA that have been innindated by
streams from a data source and these could possibly be trimmed back. Flood
water on flat deserts will make its own mind up next time. I would be really
keen to hear more and thank you for your time in improvung the map.

Ewen

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Australia-f5416966.html