[talk-au] Correcting inland water features

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:18:29 UTC 2018

On 16/05/18 08:51, Ewen Hill wrote:
> There are also a number of areas I think in SA that have been inundated by
> streams from a data source and these could possibly be trimmed back. Flood
> water on flat deserts will make its own mind up next time. I would be really
> keen to hear more and thank you for your time in improving the map.

My personal view is that there is not much point in mapping unnamed
streams. By only bothering with the named streams you are in effect
applying something like the Wikipedia notability test.

I know the bit of SA you are referring to and it is a bit of a mess
because only the SA part of the streams have been imported and they all
get cut off at the NT border.