[talk-au] Small culverts/bridges in bushland

osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au
Wed May 30 10:42:37 UTC 2018

From: Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 30 May 2018 19:17
To: talk-au at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Small culverts/bridges in bushland

I quoted the whole off-list "discussion" with Thorsten. Since it was short and not controversial, I assumed it was in error not using reply all. Apologies if this is against some sort of mailing list etiquette, but in my use of mailing lists it is common people forget to reply all.

Depends on the other person .. some see it as 'private'. Others have just made an error.
Personally I try to keep the replay to the list only ... no point in have a separate To: or Cc: thing in the address bar ... and it keeps my mail filters happy :)

Not sending it to the list was an unintentional mistake on my side in this case… I wouldn’t have noticed that it didn’t went to the list if you hadn’t mentioned it…

It is less complex the way you have it :) ... but less 'truthful'. :(
The broken up roads are a pain when you try to change there classifications .. you have to do it for each bridge and way ... at least that is the present arrangement .. possibly if they were relations it would be easier for the name, classification ...

For roads, if you want to make a change that should affect all segments, what I found works very well is just to use the search function in JOSM to look for name=”xxx” then do a quick visual check to make sure it’s all and only the segments you want. Then you can directly and easily edit tags and it affects everything.

Cheers,

Thorsten