[talk-au] TMR Road Centerlines dataset

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 02:36:04 UTC 2018

On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 at 11:29, Joel H. <joelh at disroot.org> wrote:

> I'm noticing that the dashes seem to be missing on a lot of country
> roads, I feel like we should trust OSM more but...
>
> In OSM we have: Esk Hampton Road
>
> In QSC we have: Esk - Hampton Road
>
> Esk and Hampton are town names so a dash makes sense. What does everyone
> think?

I was going to agree with you that they should have dashes, Joel, till I've
just done some checking!

I had a look at Nerang Murwillumbah Rd & found

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/-28.24224/153.23780

https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.1710894,153.2209108,18z

http://cityplanmaps.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/ (in case link doesn't
work, it's the Gold Coast City Councils City Plan showing 2269 Nerang
Murwillumbah Rd)

http://qtopo.dnrm.qld.gov.au/Mobile/ - same thing but QTopo showing Nerang
Murwillumbah Rd

So it would appear that they don't have dashes?

Re the "State" roads ...

Is there any way of showing in OSM that "this" is a State road? Could we
use an "Operator" tag?

I have sometimes wondered whether arterial roads around our area are
Council or TMR controlled, so I know who to complain to!

Thanks

Graeme