[talk-au] PSMA Administrative Boundaries

Joel H. joelh at disroot.org
Mon Oct 8 07:35:41 UTC 2018

>discuss if this is the right format for upload or not

I found that GeoJSON file you sent worked best for me. Otherwise we
stick with .osm for OSM. I'm having trouble with that PBF file you sent
(or I don't have enough memory (I have 8GB))

>how we'll manage that upload in terms of breaking it up into smaller pieces

We have to do this per-state, no question. Otherwise it will be hard to
reuse ways and make relationships.

>if there is any re-using of existing ways or not

That was what I wanted to do. If you could get that GeoJSON file you
sent before, but this time with all the relations and LGA/Suburbs done,
it would be perfect I reckon.

>how to ensure we're retaining the existing LGA/Suburb data in OSM.

The ones mapped in QLD are solid. As for the label relations, we should
leave fixme notes (like done in NSW) and encourage their removal once
place value has been checked and label relation has been added.

The boundaries mapped in QLD right now are very rough and aren't based
off any real data, these should be removed.