[talk-au] PSMA Administrative Boundaries

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 12:46:24 UTC 2018

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 at 21:15, Joel H. <joelh at disroot.org> wrote:

> Hey Andrew,
>
> Today on the QLD slack, I had a local mapper ask me about suburb areas.
> I personally think it would be an opportune time to start on the QLD
> import at least.
>

> What is the status on the PSMA data? Is it ready to import, and is
> anything holding us back?

I wouldn't say it's ready yes.

[ ] simplification - I'm comfortable with the detail in the data, to
me it doesn't feel excess or over the top so I don't think we need any
simplification
[ ] website copyright notice - in progress at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/pull/2026

> Can you think of anything else? And would it be alright for me to start cleanup now?

If the current boundaries aren't accurate, then yeah it's probably
easier to start dropping them out and they can be brought in fresh
through the import. Up to the local mappers to decide. Though it does
add pressure on us to make the import, which I'd rather not be rushed.