[talk-au] PSMA Administrative Boundaries

Joel H. joelh at disroot.org
Wed Oct 31 03:15:22 UTC 2018

Thanks for expressing interest!

The integration will mostly involve... (and I'm going to specify this on
the wiki when I get a chance.)

- Changing the place=* tags on the boundaries to match the nodes that
are already in OSM (e.g. Gold Coast should be changed from
place=municipality to place=city)

- Adding the nodes into the relation with the role being set to "label"
(example:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6070036#map=14/-28.3297/153.3821)

- Reconsider the placement of the node (make sure it is over the town
centre)

- Add a place=* node if one is missing

- Reconsider the place=* value (Is it really a village or a suburb? Is
it really a city or is it a town?)

The biggest issue with iD is that it won't load big areas very well. But
if you can deal with that help would be excellent.

Again I will add this plan to the wiki when I get a chance.