[talk-au] Wikipedia/ Wikidata event in Perth on Sunday; all welsome

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Sep 27 06:23:09 UTC 2018

Wikimedia AIutsralia are olding a meetup on Sunday:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Perth/52

   Location: Studio 001 - Floor 1 - State Library of Western Australia -
   Alexander Library Building, 25 Francis Street, Perth

   Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

at which I will be speaking about Wikidata; including links between
that project and OSM.

the event will be focusing on contributing material to Wikipedia,
Wikidata, and Wikimedia Commons. Bring a laptop and learn how to
upload and categorise photos, collaborate on transcribing historical
documents, or get hands-on practice scanning archival material.

We'll break for lunch at the library café from 12–1.

I hope some of you can make it.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing