[talk-au] Shout out

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:02:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 18:12, David Wales <daviewales at disroot.org> wrote:

> Probably worth loading up some LPI NSW imagery and seeing if things look
> legitimate.

When you go into edit mode, it certainly appears that way.

The person concerned is still very busily mapping, at the moment down
Holsworthy way.

I wonder if it may be somebody working for Microsoft or similar, purely
using imagery, as there are no comments on any of their edits, nothing is
named (eg retail buildings, schools etc), & the source on everything is
Bing?

I think I may have actually tried to contact them once before, to clarify a
discrepancy between current maps & available imagery that I spotted via a
Map Roulette challenge, but never got a response?

Thanks

Graeme