[talk-au] Talk-au Digest, Vol 142, Issue 14

David Sisourath david.sisourath at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 13:02:57 UTC 2019

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have read the Import Guidelines and I will be documenting the import on the wiki by tomorrow noon and you will see this on the import catalogue page at that time.

I do not think that the outdated tree circumference data would be an issue. Going by what Google says, it takes around 10 years for trees to gain 150mm to their circumference, and thus move into the next range of values.

This goes on to the next point of future imports or updates of data. I have put in a source tag to allow easy identification of imported trees. Future imports may need to involve a lot more manual checking. I would welcome you to suggest a way forward for updates in the future.

There are a not insignificant amount of trees in the Seabrook Sandstone Point and Carinza Reserve areas, manually mapped either through survey or aerial imagery. Note that outside these two reserves, there are only 11 other existing trees within the Hobsons Bay City Council area.

In most instances I will keep the location of the existing tree if alignment with aerial imagery is accurate, and add relevant circumference and species tags from Council data if possible.

I hope this resolves some of your concerns.

Regards,

David

Message: 3