[talk-au] Rock Overhangs

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:38:00 UTC 2019

Some feedback on the global tagging list so far:

"shelter is under the amenity key because it is shelter _for_ humans, it
implies minimum dimensions (shelter for mice would have different
requirements). It is one way to look on things and it is not the only way
of course, you could add natural=overhang or whatever, to distinguish them."

So amenity=shelter + shelter_type=rock_overhang says this rock overhang is
in use by people as a shelter, and you can include natural=overhang as
well. So you have 3 tags now. Would that be an acceptable compromise?

Anyone who's for natural=rock_overhang, feel free to put together a wiki
proposal for the new tag and the documentation.

I'm okay with this, but I think we need to then define which situations
would have natural=rock_overhang without amenity=shelter, otherwise tag
proliferation would prevail.