[talk-au] Road hierarchy in Western Australia

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Aug 1 15:28:48 UTC 2019

31 Jul 2019, 13:11 by talk-au at openstreetmap.org <mailto:talk-au at openstreetmap.org>:

> Correcting road hierarchy on these roads seems reasonable, so all the data will then be unified, but I would appreciate your thoughts about this first.

Do not edit solely to unify datasets. If road classification in OSM is incorrect - the edit,
but "it diverges from official classification" does not mean that it is incorrect.

Note also that this is (in my opinion) import of road classification data -
see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines>

Changing classification  of road or two based on research that includes
official data is not an import, but "adjust 1500 roads to mach official data" I think
is an import.