[talk-au] [FOSS4G-Oceania] GHG mitigation and FOSS4G SotM Oceania

Dion Moult dion at thinkmoult.com
Thu Aug 8 08:18:05 UTC 2019

I don't want to discourage from the local woodlands initiative, I think it's absolutely great to do.

I did want to being up the Cool Earth charity[1], which has been through lots of independent evaluation as to their effectiveness. Independent analysis suggests that their rate is at 0.71 USD per tCO2eq[2], but on their website it seems to be higher, approximately 2AUD per tCO2eq.

If you wanted to consider more than carbon... I have done some really ballpark explorations here:

https://thinkmoult.com/effective-altruism-living-net-positive-life.html

Great initiative!

1. https://www.coolearth.org/
2. https://www.givingwhatwecan.org/report/cool-earth/#3-overall-evaluation