[talk-au] Experiments in sub meter accuracy for under $30 (thirty) dollars

Alex Sims alex at softgrow.com
Fri Dec 13 00:50:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have been trying for some time to get better accuracy for survey mapping and think I might now be on to something. I’ve just got off the phone with Chris Marshall from Frontier SI who is promoting the use of the Geoscience SBAS test bed and was really helpful

I’m now armed with a Ublox M8030 USB dongle (birthday present, Chinese manufacturer, appears genuine at least from the boot messages etc) and instructions on key points in configuring it in u-center.

I’m hoping to get sub meter accuracy,  which should be possible as long as I can see the SBAS satellite.

Failing that I’ll wait for the Xiaomi Mi8, with dual band (1&5) to fall in price to be within my grasp

Alex