[talk-au] Local Government Address changes

Alex Sims alex at softgrow.com
Fri Dec 27 01:44:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

A number of statutory bodies get notification from Local Government Agencies of addressing changes (think, fire, police, etc). In the case of one LGA it is a monthly spreadsheet of mainly subdivisions of existing addresses and some new ones. They are willing to consider adding OpenStreetMap to their mailing list. Two questions for the list

  *   Is this of value to the project? I think it is as it shows changes that are necessary once addressing is done and also new building activity.
  *   Is there an email they can send Excel files to? Want to make it as easy as possible. They could use my address but it would be nice to have something like address-changes-south-australia at openstreetmap.org<mailto:address-changes-south-australia at openstreetmap.org> to formalise it.

Thoughts?

Alex