[talk-au] Phone number updates

David Wales daviewales at disroot.org
Sun Dec 29 21:39:23 UTC 2019

My thought was that processing a subset of the formats could deal with a
good chunk of the numbers, and the rest could be left for MapRoulette.

For example, some code could look at every number in Victoria, remove
all the spaces and special symbols and check if it is 10 digits long,
with the first two being '03'. In that case, perform the transformation
'03XXXXXXXX' -> '+61 3 XXXX XXXX'.

The other cases could be left for MapRoulette.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have time at the moment to put this
together myself. :(