[talk-au] OpenStreetCam competition results

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Feb 6 23:39:44 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

The OpenStreetCam competition is over. Thanks to everyone who contributed! We’ll do a blog post about this soon on improveosm.org (that is the Telenav web site that has all our OSM related stuff) but I didn’t want to delay on announcing the WINNERS. I’ll post a link when it’s up.

The numbers 1 in each country get $100 gift cards (in local dollars obviously), the two runners up in each country get $25 gift cards. We’re sending those out digitally today and tomorrow!

Australia
========
1 —> steve91 with 346251 points
2 —> robbie-bloggs with 222138 points
3 —> ConsEbt with 171420 points

New Zealand
========
1 —> ivss-xx with 354409 points
2 —> david-blyth with 332510 points
3 —> nicknz with 105825 points

Total imagery collected is about 360000 photos for Australia, and 168000 for New Zealand. Points awarded are 1 per photo but there’s a multiplier of up to 10x (!) for roads with few or no previous coverage.

User nicknz —> I don’t have a way to contact you, if you’re reading this, please get in touch off-list so we can send you the gift card.
Everyone else we have contact info for.

If you feel you got close to a prize — we may do this again..Watch this space.

Don’t stop now! We’re using all photos to improve sign recognition for OSC and the more photos we have, the better that system gets.

Happy Mapping!
Martijn