[talk-au] Links with name

Petra Rajka - (p) petra.rajka at telenav.com
Tue Feb 12 07:22:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

During our mapping in Australia we've discovered that several road links have name. Usually there are 3 cases:

     *   links take name from the upcoming road with the extra Onramp/Offramp/Exit prefix

ex. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4972970

     *   links take name from the upcoming road exactly as it is

ex. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/15958927

     *   links (or other way categories) between dual carriageways take the name from one of the adjacent roads

ex. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/172829556

In our mapping process we use this wiki page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_link where it's specified that links shouldn't have name, so we are wondering if there are any local rules/conventions regarding this in Australia? Should the links have name? It's a particularity we didn't found until now.

Best regards,

Petra