[talk-au] Accessing landcover/trees

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 03:41:20 UTC 2019

With the query tool sometimes it is best to click very close the
boundary of what you want.

Overpass ...

natural=wood should get you most of what you want.

landuse=forest should get you areas that for the most part are tree
covered most of the time. Some of these are contained in the above
'natural=wood' things as well.

The particular relation is Relation: 3550886 it is tagged both as
natural=wood and landcover=trees. Note that some of these relations
exceed the advised 300 member limit.
I have broken some of them down as I keep on adding 'holes' inside them,
they get rather large. This may be causing problems such as the above
query problem.