[talk-au] Splitting buildings with shared walls

David Wales daviewales at disroot.org
Fri Feb 15 04:17:36 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I recently uploaded this changeset:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/67214720#map=18/-34.22342/150.59303

However, I received some JOSM validation errors, and thought I should
double check to see if I've made a mistake.

JOSM warned of 'Crossing buildings', particularly in the region from 129
to 139 Remembrance Driveway. (The link above zooms to this point.)

However, I'm not sure how to fix this error, or if it is perhaps a false
positive.

Prior to this changeset, all the buildings on this block were traced as
a single giant building. Using the LPI Base Map, and the LPI Imagery, I
split it into individual buildings with shared walls. I did this by
using the 'Draw Nodes' tool to draw the shared wall, and the 'Split
Object' tool to split the building into two.

Regards,
David Wales