[talk-au] Splitting buildings with shared walls

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:15:26 UTC 2019

On 15/02/19 15:17, David Wales wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently uploaded this changeset:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/67214720#map=18/-34.22342/150.59303
>
> However, I received some JOSM validation errors, and thought I should
> double check to see if I've made a mistake.
>
> JOSM warned of 'Crossing buildings', particularly in the region from 129
> to 139 Remembrance Driveway. (The link above zooms to this point.)
>
> However, I'm not sure how to fix this error, or if it is perhaps a false
> positive.

JOSM is now flagging errors - building duplicated nodes. JOSM has an automated fixer for that - use it.

Down load the area - fresh. Run the validator .. click errors to open it up, highlight the 'building duplicated nodes' section and click on the fix button on the bottom.

Re run the validator and check for any remaining problems.

--- How did it happen? don't know .. suspect you drew one building

  .... then a neighbouring building but some how had a setting that did not use teh same node but made a new one at each shared corner.