[talk-au] MapRoulette Challenges

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:52:42 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 8:35 PM Horea Meleg <horea.meleg at telenav.com> wrote:

> ยง  Fix wrong lane count in Australia & New Zealand:
> https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3258

Just to let you know, your test for correct lane count doesn't appear to
take into account bicycle lanes. For example:

https://maproulette.org/mr3/challenge/3258/task/5887988

There are two vehicle lanes and one bike lane so lane=2

see:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes

and

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:lanes

The kicker is that the wiki is not clear on how you indicate how many bike
lanes there are. The lanes proposal had cycleway:lanes=* but the example on
the key:lanes page uses bicycle:lanes=* [1] and vehicle:lanes=* [2], so
there isn't an easy way to parse the tags to figure if the lane count is
correct.

Maybe the thing to do is make a decision about how we want to tag cycle
lanes and then include that in the challenge instructions.

[1] This indicates the legal access for bicycles but not what the
infrastructure is eg: designated may be a lane shared with buses (UK).

[2] This doesn't make sense because vehicle=* is the access for all
vehicles (which includes bicycles). I think what they meant to use was
motor_vehicle:lanes=*