[talk-au] Road classification in AUS

Ewen Hill ewen.hill at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 13:16:06 UTC 2019

Just an update on Motorways. Australia has very few and most of these are
normally mapped correctly already. The Bass Highway in Victoria is not a
motorway as a number of roads enter at 90 degrees as well as driveways.
There is definitely no motorway through the townships of Cranbourne and
Tooradin as well as other towns. This is a Trunk road as it a key route to
west Gippsland towns.

The only time you would need to change to a motorway is for upgrades to
highways and local knowledge will do that for you.

Thanks for all your edits

Ewen

Warm Regards

Ewen Hill