[talk-au] Road classification in AUS

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:48:49 UTC 2019

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 21:12, Aleksandar Matejevic (E-Search) <
v-maalek at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply,
>

> I haven't followed Wiki blindly because it can be contradictory sometimes,
> that's the reason why I'm asking these questions here. Also, I think that
> gov routes are there to indicate importance of the road and flow of traffic.
>

> I would personally wait for couple of more opinions regarding this before
> reverting suggested road classification. If there are any local mapper for
> these areas It would be great if they could turn into conversation to give
> an opinion?

I think we have enough comments here, and documentation on both the
highway=motorway and Australian Tagging Gudelines wiki page (that Seb just
pointed out) to say that
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/110348897/history and
the rest of that road should be reverted, as it's clearly not a
highway=motorway.