[talk-au] Copying address from business website?

Sebastian Spiess mapping at consebt.de
Thu Jul 25 23:07:36 UTC 2019

I do consider the website of a business public. Why else would the
business have the website?
So if said website provides information that makes sense in OSM, I add
it.
Yes the brain is to be switched on, always, e.g. opening hours - I
follow what the shop states if they differ from the site.

I do agree that aggregator sites or many of these listings that are just
SPAM in my view shoudl not be considered an acceptable source - as they
are not the primary source of the information but rather have crawled
the web for it.

Seb