[talk-au] City of Launceston Imagery + Open Data

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 05:22:36 UTC 2019

City of Launceston have completed both the imagery tracing waiver, and CC
BY waiver for their open data. I've updated
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_data_catalogue with the
details.

The imagery should make it into editors through
https://github.com/osmlab/editor-layer-index/pull/688, but in the meantime
you can use the custom URL in JOSM or iD "
https://mapping.launceston.tas.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/Public/OrthoPhoto_Feb2013_10cm/MapServer/tile/{zoom}/{y}/{x}
"

This imagery is quite old from February 2013, so should probably only be
used with some local knowledge.

Launceston have advised they have fresh 2019 imagery, so I'll post an
update when that is published.

Their open data https://data-launceston.opendata.arcgis.com/ can be used,
but standard import processes still apply, and I haven't yet added any
attribution to the Contributors page, so any use of the open data would
require that attribution to be added first.