[talk-au] Australian Buildings in 3D - verandah

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:33:55 UTC 2019

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 17:22, Alex Sims via Talk-au <
talk-au at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I can’t seem to workout how to do a veranda (lightweight external roof,
> not the main roof of a building) in Simple 3D mapping. Can someone please
> point to some existing examples on the map that work?
>

> I’m looking for two particular variations of a two storey building. The
> first is a shop with a simple veranda, the second is a hotel with two
> stories of verandah, the second storey being available to walk on

You could possibly use something under covered=

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:covered

Example simple veranda:

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Commercial_road_prahran_in_2006.jpg
>
> Shops in Commercial Road, Prahan

For cases like this, I have previously just used highway=footpath +
covered=yes, which seems to work OK, & renders to show that the footpath is
under cover.

> Example two storey:
>

> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sir_William_Wallace_Hotel_Balmain_1.jpg
> Sir William Wallace Hotel, Balmain

For the upstairs verandah, covered=colonnade could work, but it does say
that it is not meant for indoor mapping?

Thanks

Graeme