[talk-au] GHG mitigation and FOSS4G SotM Oceania

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed Jun 19 07:17:42 UTC 2019

> The upshot of the conversation is that we?re looking at ways to mitigate
> our impact on the planet using something other than throwing money at
> offsetters

Hi

I made contact with Parks Victoria (Australia). They are not in the
business of providing carbon offsets but they would consider accepting
money in return for agreeing to revegetate an area of land, resulting
in carbon sequestration. The revegetation species mix would be
carefully chosen to restore biodiverse bushland.

Contact me if you want to follow this idea up.

Tony