[talk-au] Transport for NSW (TfNSW)

cleary osm at 97k.com
Thu Mar 14 05:17:09 UTC 2019

As a supporter of OSM and a regular user of NSW public transport, I am pleased to see this development.

I have a question in regard to use of TfNSW data in OSM. At the moment the list of data sources on the Contributors page in the OSM wiki does not include TfNSW data as an approved source. (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#New_South_Wales_Government_data) If you represent the owners of the data, I presume there is no copyright issue with any data you add to OSM. I am interested in using NSW Transport data for (1) sourcing bus stop numbers and (2) identifying rural railway stations which continue to offer services as distinct from those that are now un-used. I am unsure of the copyright restrictions on TfNSW data. Is it possible for your branch to obtain/grant approval for OSM editors to use TfNSW data and have this information added to the Contributors page of the wiki?