[talk-au] Proposed mechanical edit - elimination of old-style Wikipedia links in Australia

Sam Wilson sam at samwilson.id.au
Mon Mar 18 02:05:34 UTC 2019

If you're ever in Perth I'm keen for a meetup! We have a fortnightly
Geogeeks evening in the city, which isn't only OSM but covers similar
ground.

The main current reason I'm adding Wikidata IDs is that they're what the
Wikimedia map tools use to show geometry on Wikipedia articles. For example:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4850399
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Park,_Western_Australia