[talk-au] Sydney mapathon

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 05:31:43 UTC 2019

> Casual meetup of Sydney based OSM mappers, let's meet up and do some
humanitarian mapping tasks on HOTOSM!

Dion, is the intention to be a local OSM meetup + a Missing Maps (
http://www.missingmaps.org) style humanitarian mapathon?

Should I come if I'm interested in Australian OSM, but not interested in
remote mapping outside Australia?

There's been two Missing Maps events in the past in Sydney that I know of
and both times almost all attendees were new to OSM, so it didn't act as a
local community meetup.

I'm very interested in a Sydney OSM event for locals to catch up about all
things OSM. I think a mix of presentations + social is perfect, like
GeoRabble, https://georabble.org. I see that as a bit different to a
mapathon, which is a bit of into followed by actual hands on work.