[talk-au] Station areas for railway=station

Sebastian Spiess mapping at consebt.de
Tue Mar 26 23:55:52 UTC 2019

Am 2019-03-26 11:54, schrieb Andrew Harvey:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 11:43, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/34891023/ is to be the
>> railway=station then it needs to be expanded to include the are of
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16748116
>
> I've expanded the landuse=railway area to include the main buildings.
> I've also moved the railway=station to the whole landuse area, and
> created a new public_transport way which is a bit smaller for Central,
> per https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/68528202.
>
> I understand this is a big change, so if there's any issues with doing
> this let's work them out.
>
> I haven't migrated the relation members which used the old
> railway=station build across yet.

Thanks for your work on this.

Question: any reason the https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/34891023 was
not tagged with train=yes as per the linked wiki page?

Also, wheelchair=yes might be too broad and not specific enough to be
actually helpful.

I would think that the alt_name=Sydney Terminal should only be on actual
platform or buildings. Boundaries such like way/34891023 (above) are
rather theoretical. I see it as a likely scenario  that the alt_name
might be used by data consumers to perform routing.

It looks like some of the footpaths on the platforms need more work as
iD is complaining about them crossing 'Station'.