[talk-au] New imageries in AU

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 04:26:36 UTC 2019

Active mappers who regularly check out the different imagery layers can
usually tell when one gets refreshed with new imagery, but it does vary a
lot based on location.

What if we had a wiki page, that tried to loosely track imagery freshness.

eg. just a list of cities Sydney with info like "currently freshest is
Maxar". or "ESRI appeared to refresh within the last 6 months", etc. What
do you think?

Keep in mind (this is even something I need to do better at), when armchair
mapping from aerial imagery or street level imagery it's always a good idea
to check the last edit date of the feature you're editing. If it's a few
years old then it's usually safe to replace, but if it's within the last 6
months it could well be more current than the imagery.