[talk-au] Mapping 'private roads'

Nemanja Bračko brackone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 09:01:11 UTC 2019

Even I'm not from AU, I would recommend adding private roads, especially
because we had a flood situation couple of years ago. In that time we were
mapping buildings (for rescue teams) and all kind of trails or roads just
to help people to escape flooded area. We didn't pay attention if it is
private or not. I haven't got any feedback if these roads were helpful to
anyone, but I know that buildings helped rescue teams to split and to
organise themselves much better and much easier.

There are appropriate tags for private roads/gates/etc. so it can be easily
added. The only thing is that maybe I'm personally not aware which road is
private (let's say imagery is not so good so I'm unable to spot entry
gate), but anyway, somebody will come and add appropriate tag. It will last
20 seconds instead of 10 minutes to add the road.

Thanks,
Nemanja