[talk-au] tagging old railway stations - what is the agreed approach

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 08:31:32 UTC 2019

On 19/10/19 17:53, Ewen Hill wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am trying to get some clarity about tagging old railway stations
> like
> https://i1.wp.com/judithsalecich.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/The-former-Bogantungan-Railway-Station.jpg?ssl=1 that
> has not seen a train stop for a numbe of decades
>

> There appears to be a myriads of ways to tag this according to the
> Wiki. What is the best standardised approach (which I will add to the ATG)

The building is still a building...map as a way with
building=train_station as it is recognisable as a train station?

It does appear to be now a museum... I'd map that as a separate node
with the relevant details.

It was a train station or halt.. Could be be one again? This should be
an area that includes the building and local track.

disused:railway=halt/station or disused:public_transport=station

or abandoned:*=*

If no longer in existence then consider mapping it in OHM.

Nothing Oz specific about it?