[talk-au] Map features for OSM & new street-level imagery in Australia

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 13:19:20 UTC 2019

> *Port Adelaide Enfield*
>
> The City of Port Adelaide Enfield has uploaded 228,000 images and just shy
> of 1,000 km of coverage. They are using the uploaded imagery to update
> their traffic sign inventory.
>
> This imagery consists of road surveys but also surveys of the footpaths
> taken on quad bikes.

That's... a pretty amazing level of detail! A few other contributors and I
have chipped away at buildings in the council; and we've maybe got 40%?
coverage. Getting addresses onto those or number of levels seemed out of
reach by ground survey.

Will be interesting to see what can be derived from the two datasets